There are many types of delicious plum sauce for meat. In addition, they all have a rich sweet and sour taste and fruity aroma, which are acquired thanks to the main component – plum, which can be anything: sloe, tkemali, yellow, unripe and even prunes.
An excellent aftertaste of the sauce can be given by a bouquet of used seasonings and spices, which can perfectly reveal its extraordinary taste. Basically, the cook himself selects the necessary spices. However, coriander is mainly used with khmeli-suneli. Thanks to well-chosen spices, you can get plum sauce for meat, which is so famous among lovers of the savory additive. In addition, this sauce can be stored for a very long time and stored for the winter.
The acid contained in plums neutralizes the taste of fatty meat.
Spicy plum sauce
The greatest culinary invention is considered to be plum sauce for meat. Thanks to its bright taste, you can enjoy it in a new way. And adding hot pepper will give it the right spice!
- Plum – 1 kg
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Khmeli-suneli – 1 h. l.
- Hot pepper – pod
- Fresh cilantro – 1 bunch
- Ground coriander – 1 tsp.
- Sol – 1 h. l.
- Sugar 3 tbsp. l. (add to taste)
How to prepare plum sauce for meat:
- Wash the plums thoroughly. Place them in boiling water for 15 minutes. After the skin comes off, remove it. We just take it off. Then we cut the plums into two parts, remove the seeds and grind them in a blender.
- Place the plum puree in a container and place it on the stove. We wait until it boils and cook the sauce for about 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Let it cool and brew a little.
- Spicy plum sauce is ready!
Plum sauce for meat can be prepared for the winter.
To do this, after removing it from the heat, transfer it into pre-sterilized jars. We roll up the container using a lid (also pre-sterilized), put the jars upside down and wrap them in a warm blanket until they cool down.
Then we put it in the pantry, cellar or any dark, cool place.
Plum sauce with apples for meat
Another plum sauce recipe is worthy of your attention. Its second name is “chutney” and it is prepared in India. An extraordinary combination of products with vitamins and amazing taste – what else is needed for an excellent product?
- Plum – 2 kg
- Sweet apples – 0.5 kg
- Onion – 2 heads
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Apple cider vinegar – 0.3 cups
- Glass of sugar
- Cloves – 5 cloves
- Sol – 1 h. l.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
How to make plum sauce with apples:
- Peel the apples and remove the core. We cut it finely.
- Peel and pit the plums and cut into small cubes.
- Place in a saucepan and grind the whole mass. Put it on the fire and stir. You can add a little water if it starts to burn.
- In another container, fry the chopped onion and garlic in oil until they become soft. Add with apple sauce to the container.
- Add spices with sugar, salt and vinegar. Simmer for about half an hour.
If you don’t want to fish out the cloves later, pour the sauce through a colander.
A shish kebab or a piece of boiled pork with plum sauce is simply delicious. And pour this sauce over the vegetables, lick your fingers!
Georgian sour plum sauce
This sweet and sour plum sauce perfectly neutralizes the taste of fatty lamb. But just by pouring it over the boiled breast, you will be satisfied.
We will need:
- Sour (unripe) plum – 1 kg
- Cilantro – 1 bunch
- Sunel hops – 1 tbsp. l.
- Garlic 7-10 cloves
- A pod of hot pepper
- Salt and sugar to taste.
How to cook tkemali:
- Peel the plums, cut them into pieces and put them in a container to simmer over low heat. Pour water on top so that it covers the plums.
- Then remove from the stove, drain the water and wait a little until the fruit has cooled.
- Next, you need to wipe all the fruits on a sieve.
- Let the plum mixture boil and prepare everything else. Peel and chop the garlic, you can pass it through a press. Wash the cilantro, remove the stems and chop. We also cut the pepper very finely.
- Place all the cleaned and prepared ingredients above into a container with the plum mixture. Add seasonings.
- Cook for about 10 more minutes and then turn off.
- Sour plum sauce or tkemali-ready!
Tkemali and other wonderful plum sauces definitely deserve special attention from chefs and skilled housewives who care about healthy and tasty nutrition for their family. When you are preparing fruit for the winter, making jam or preparing juices, pay attention to the plum and be sure to remember that from it you can easily prepare a delicious delicacy that guests will appreciate in winter!