Sauce with plums and apples will appeal to lovers of sweet and sour sauces. Plum taste will give sourness, and apples can be chosen both sour and sweet. The sauce is not spicy, although this can always be corrected by adding hot pepper. The sauce is perfect for meat and vegetables, as well as pasta and just a snack with bread.
Recipe for plum and apple sauce
- Ripe plum – 1.5 kg
- Apples – 1.5 kg
- Garlic – 1 head
- Cloves – 10 cloves
- Ground cinnamon – 2 tsp.
- Sugar – 200-400 g (depending on how sour the fruit is)
- Table vinegar (9%) – 100-150 ml (again depends on the acidity of the fruit)
- Salt to taste
How to make apple plum sauce
- Wash the plums and apples, peel them from seeds and seeds, cut them so that they fit in a meat grinder or blender.
- Peel the garlic, put it through a press, grate it and add it to the resulting apple-plum mass.
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add spices; you can hide the cloves in cheesecloth, this will make it easier to get it out and it won’t get caught in the sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Next, add salt and adjust the sweetness by adding sugar, do not add everything at once.
- Cook for another 30-40 minutes, remembering to stir.
Plum sauce with apples is ready! Bon appetit!
You can also make sauce from plums with apples and bell peppers. To do this, simply add one peeled and chopped sweet pepper to the first point. And for those who like something spicy, you can add one hot pepper or one teaspoon of ground red pepper. In general, experiment, friends, and you will succeed!
Plum and apple sauce for the winter
If you want to preserve apple plum sauce for the winter, then nothing could be easier. Prepare the jars in advance by sterilizing them and the lids too. You can do this in the microwave (just do not use the lids – this is dangerous!) or in the oven. Then pour the still hot apple and plum sauce into jars and seal. Turn over and cover the jars with something warm and leave to cool until the morning. Store like all preparations in a cool place.