From this article you will learn about the beneficial properties of tkemali sauce. And also about possible harm to the body.
Useful properties of tkemali
The main benefit of Georgian tkemali sauce is that it consists of natural ingredients.
- mineral elements;
- organic acids, etc.
Yellow plums contain large amounts of fiber and pectin. Garlic and pepper have disinfectant properties, which are extremely important in autumn and winter. Fiber improves digestion and accelerates the elimination of toxins.
Red and green tkemali sauces have the same properties.
Consuming the sauce activates the gastrointestinal tract and improves metabolism.
It is necessary to tell in more detail about the vitamins included in its composition.
- Ascorbic acid strengthens the body’s defenses.
- B1 normalizes carbohydrate metabolism and accelerates the course of intellectual processes.
- Vitamin P lowers blood pressure, counteracts the development of cardiac diseases, and strengthens the vascular wall.
- PP increases the tone of the body and stabilizes metabolic processes.
- Tocopherol normalizes cardiac activity, has antioxidant and antitumor effects, regulates cholesterol levels, improves vision and skin condition.
Therefore, it is worth preparing tkemali sauce for the winter and adding it to all dishes. Spicy herbs, garlic and pepper will give them special taste and aroma properties, improving the overall functioning of the body.
Harm and contraindications
The sauce cannot cause any particular harm to the body. Unless you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the sauce. After all, it contains various herbs and spices.
Acids and spices, due to their pungency, can be harmful to people with ulcers. You should use the sauce with caution if you have gastrointestinal diseases. Especially if you have gastritis or pancreatitis.
Diabetics should also be careful when consuming tkemali. Since the calorie content of the sauce is quite high. After all, it contains sugar, which is also found in plums in the form of sucrose.